Would you like to work with us?January 9, 2015
An exciting and rewarding opportunity exists as sales manager of the Melbourne Strand arcade store of Melbourne based women’s footwear and accessories brand, habbot.
• Full time role
• Melbourne CBD location (Strand arcade location accessed via the Emporium.)
• Opportunity to work within a close knit management team to directly influence growth path of this flourishing business.
habbot is proudly owned and operated in Melbourne by Annie Abbott with the help of her small team of marketing, design and sales professionals. Each habbot collection is designed in Melbourne and hand made by a team of skilled craftsmen in Italy. habbot currently operates three Melbourne stores and ecommerce site www.habbotstudios.com and prides itself on offering outstanding quality footwear and accessories in unexpected materials and colour palettes.
We are seeking a candidate that possesses the following attributes;
• Vibrant and naturally energetic personality who thrives within the retail sales environment.
• High achiever and natural team player excited at the prospect of leading and motivating our strand arcade team.
• Ability to read and respond to different customer personality types and offer them a consistently excellent level of service at all times.
• An interest in the creative process and manufacture of quality goods with an appreciation of bold colour and unique design.
• Excellent communication and people management skills that enable the successful applicant to serve as a resource for all members of the organisation.
• Ability to work autonomously and demonstrate initiative.
• Previous experience as a store manager or assistant manager in a similar retail environment.
• Computer literacy (MS Office)
The successful candidate will be expected to take on these roles and responsibilities;
• Develop and maintain good customer relationships associated with the Strand Melbourne store.
• Introduce a variety of methods to motivate team members to achieve sales targets and uphold company values.
• Work alongside other sales and marketing team members to conceive, implement and deliver on innovative sales and marketing strategies.
• Organise and maintain procedures involved in the day-to-day running of the strand arcade store including staff rosters, communication of company policies, VM adjustments and stock control.
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your resume with covering letter that briefly addresses these three questions (200 words or less) to email@example.com
1. What do you hope to gain by taking this role at habbot?
2. What do you consider your most valuable attribute for this particular role?
3. Name three brands (other than habbot) that represent your own personal style and/or values and briefly explain why.